Friday, June 30, 2006

More Ubuntu and k9copy

Ok, finally got k9copy working. This is what it took:

1. Install EasyUbuntu. This is an easier way to install dvdcss and some of the other transcode and dvdcss libraries.

2. Install KDE (I'm not sure that this is necessary, but it may help)

3. sudo apt-get install k9copy

I'm not sure which exactly was missing from the initial k9copy install, or why I could not build from source, but I don't really want to spend an inordinate amount of time on it right now since it works (duh). I suspect that EasyUbuntu was the secret ingredient.

Next step: get my printer working so that things actually print full size instead of bugshit size. Much as I love Linux when it works, it's a bit frustrating to get to that point. But the satisfaction of getting it working must be worth something, I guess.


Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home